Revised Academic Calendar 2019-2020
The worthy Vice Chancellor, by exercising the power vested in him under section 12(3) &12(5a) of Ghazi University Act, 2015 on behalf of Academic Council & Syndicate has been pleased to approve the recommendations of the committee constituted by online academic council in its meeting held on 08-07-2020 regarding revision of Academic Calendar, 2019-2020 and formulation of examination policy/system of BS 4 years MA/M.Sc. and M.Phil. programs (under semester system) running at main campus and affiliated colleges. The recommendations of aforesaid committee are reproduced as under
|DESCRIPTION||SPRING SEMESTER, 2020||SUMMER SESSION, 2020|
|Deposit of Dues||—————-||September 07-11, 2020|
|Start of Classes||—————||September 07,2020 (Monday)|
|Last Date of Add/Drop Course||—————-||September, 16,2020|
|Declaration of Final Class Roster||—————-||September 17, 2020|
|Mid-Term Examinations||July 20-28||October,05-09,2020|
|Show up of Scripts||———-||October,17,2020|
|Last Date of Withdrawal/ Freezing the Semester||August, 20,2020||October,30,2020|
|End of Classes||August 21, 2020||November.06,2020|
|Final Examination||August, 24-05 September, 2020||November 09-13,2020|
|Submission of Results to the Controller of Examinations||12, September,2020||November,21.2020|
|Semester Break for Students||September 07-11, 2020 (1 week)|
|Submission of Thesis (After 60 days of Final Term Examinations||03, November,2020|
- For semester assessment following is the breakup to evaluate the students in terms of Mid and Final term examinations.
For Theoretical and Lab Courses
|No.||Mid Term (50%)||Final Term (50%)|
|1||Two Assignments (15%)||Online Presentation (20%)|
|2||Two Quiz (15%)||Open Book Examinations (30%)|
|1||Online presentation regarding procedure/methodology etc. (40%)|
|2||Open Book Examination (60%)|
- Concerned course instructors will be bound to allot the topic for assignments to each student separately and evaluate accordingly on or before 28-07-2020.
- At least two quizzes will be taken abruptly throughout the Spring Semester, 2019-2020 at any time
- Concerned course instructors will calculate the attendance percentage up till 28-07-2020 and displayed on departmental notice board and shared with students through MS team. However, marking will be done based on final attendance at the end of classes of Spring semester 2019-20.
- For online presentations course instructors will assign the topic to each student separately with consultation of HOD/Teacher In-charge and communicate the schedule on MS Team Program for information of students.
- For Open book examinations necessary instructions will be shared later.
- Remuneration for checking/assessment of Assignments, quizzes and open book examinations of a subject will be considered as per Registrar office No. GU-DGK/Admn.61/245 dated 09-02-2017 for the purpose of payment after final declaration of results by the Office of the Controller of Examinations.
- The classes of Summer session 2020 will be held in evening in parallel with Fall Semester, 2020-2021.