Office of the Director Academics falls under the Office of the Vice Chancellor and is the first place to go if there is any question regarding anything to do with academics. Office of the Director Academics plays a central role in formulating Academic Rules and Regulations for the University. Director Academics addresses all issues relevant to quality of learning in all Faculties in collaboration with Deans and Chair Departments. This shall include matters relating to curricula, teaching methodologies and evaluation of teachers and students. This office suggests and helps implement programs that encourage critical thinking and enhances academic and research activities. Director Academics works as secretary of the Academic Council of the University, which involves preparing agenda in collaboration with the Deans & Chairs of the Departments, holding meetings, recording decisions and disseminating the same among all concerned for implementation. The office seeks approval / NOC from HEC before starting new program at GU.
To develop Academics Directorate into a dynamic academic management office designed to support a medium-size comprehensive university of international standing.
To develop, review and monitor academic curricula & policies in line with international best practices, market needs and requirements of accreditation bodies and ensure their effective implementation.
- To develop Policies and Rules for UG/PG programs and ensure their effective implementation.
- To monitor implementation of the Academic Regulations and academic decisions of the statutory and regulatory bodies.
- To Process recommendations and proposals submitted by the Faculty Board of Studies through Academic Council.
- To Process cases of Equivalence, Exemptions and Time-Bar Extensions, in accordance with relevant GU/HEC Rules.
- To scrutinize and process the cases of new PG programs for NOC from HEC.
- To process HEC approved supervisor cases of GU faculty members and maintain their records.
- To supervise the induction/admission of quality PG scholars through proactive interaction with faculty Deans and the HODs.
- To monitor research progress of PG scholars of all academic programs through progress reports, and guide the HODs regarding the progress, monitoring and feedback of PG scholars.
- Ensure Plagiarism Check in accordance with GU/HEC Rules at each stage of PhD Thesis evaluation
- Perform any other duty related to academic matters assigned by the competent authority.
- Curriculum development and implementation of Under Graduate and Post Graduate program
- Revision and updating of Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses
- Review of academic regulations and policies
- Monitoring of faculty workload
- Co-ordination with teaching departments for faculty hiring
- Preparation of Academic Calendar
- Scheduling of Academic Courses and Events
- Maintaining a system of student record
- Public Dealing on all Academic matters
Director Academics also works with following Committees:
- Convenes the Equivalence Committee for processing the transfer/migration cases.
- Supervises & Monitors the overall functioning of the Library and its staff.
- University Functional Committee.
- University Selection Board for various academic & management positions.
- Board of Studies of the Teaching Departments
- Board of Faculties
- Academic Council
- Admission Directorate
- Examination Directorate
- Affiliation Committee
Prof. Dr. Arshad Munir
Dr. Hasnain Farooq
Deputy Director Academics